Institute Carnot MICA is a public research structure that supports compagnies and laboratories in the developement of their R&D projects. Their expertise ranges from fundamental research to industrial applications of functional materials, surfaces and interfaces and associated processes. They engage in industrial partnerships and ensure the transfer of knowledge.
Institute Carnot MICA collaborates with different national and regional institutions (SATT, competitiveness centers) and with the innovation agency of the Région Grand Est (Grand Enov) to elaborate a strategy complying with the regional development and innovation plan. They are involved in more than 1000 contracts/year (>20000 industrial contacts in total, corresponding to 13500 companies), mainly in the sector of transport, heath and sustainable environment.
For more information visit their website
Institut Carnot MICA supports ITI HiFunMat is several manners :
- To ensure the transfer of technologies developed in our associated laboratories
- To facilitate the development of new materials
- To provide a gate-way to new industrial collaborations, by acting as a catalyst to advocate HiFunMat among its rich industrial network
- As a member of the Outreach & Valorization Committee
Institut Carnot MICA will also intervene in the program of the Graduate School:
- Its close relationship with industry is a main asset for HiFunMat to train students on industrial problems and to adapt lectures to market needs.
- To put the students into contact with industry via high-quality scientific resourcing projects. About 12 projects are currently funded per year. These projects are open to Master students for a proof of concept that is often the first step toward a CIFRE PhD grant with an industrial partner.
- For PhD students MICA organizes visits to the industrial R&D centers to build bridges with potential future employers.